The photograph looks from the corner of Rangitikei Street down along Broadway. The building on the left is the former Bank of New Zealand building which was demolished for a new BNZ. The building with a clock tower is the Australasian Temperance and General Mutual Life Assurance Society Ltd (T&G) building. It was designed by A and K Henderson in the distinctive 'house' style developed by the firm and built 1938. Also visible is the Bank of Australasia, Piccadilly Tearooms and the Bank of New Zealand.