Skip to Content

The business was established and run by Adam Burges 1892 until his death in 1918, then run by his sons Duncan and Alan. In 1942 the business was closed and the property sold to various businesses, including the Government Life Insurance, Smith and Smith, the Commercial Bank and others. From left: Harry Anstis, blacksmith's striker; John Low, wheelright; Adam Burges.

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Date
1892
Digitisation ID
2009N_Bc132_BUI_ 2396
Held In
Community Archives

Related items

W T Wood Veterinary Shoeing Forge and General Blacksmith's Shop
Woolcock and Hosking's Foundry and Blacksmith shop
J G Glover Blacksmiths Shop
H J Lauridsen Blacksmith and Farriers, George Street
Alexander Clark Photograph Album
Alexander Clark Photograph Album
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 32
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 26
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 31
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 29
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 27
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 33

Taxonomy

Tags
blacksmiths,
businesses,
staff,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

W T Wood Veterinary Shoeing Forge and General Blacksmith's Shop
Woolcock and Hosking's Foundry and Blacksmith shop
J G Glover Blacksmiths Shop
H J Lauridsen Blacksmith and Farriers, George Street
Alexander Clark Photograph Album
Alexander Clark Photograph Album
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 32
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 26
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 31
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 29
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 27
Alexander Clark Photograph Album - page 33