A sheet outlining the history of the Manawatu Knitting Mills Limited, probably created for the 1983 centenary of the establishment of the business. The business was founded by John Stubbs in his home, and moved to the Main Street site in 1889. It was originally named Stubbs Hosiery Factory, then the Manawatu Hosiery Factory before it became the Manawatu Knitting Mills Ltd in 1932.
For more information on the Manawatū Knitting Mills, see White, Jill (2007). "Women at Work in the Manawatū Knitting Mills." Manawatū Journal of History, Vol. 3, pp.20-29.