John McMillan was the factory foreman at A. Jackson & Son Engineering in Miramar, Wellington. He talked the proprietor, Albert Jackson, into building this one-off racing car - a Jackson Special 4024cc. The car was only raced twice, and on the second occasion in March, 1950 at Ohakea, it won.
Ohakea Air Base hosted the Ohakea Trophy car race as part of the Grand Prix circuit, 1950 - 1956. On 14 March 1953, John McMillan came first in the 4th Ohakea trophy driving a Ford 3919cc V8, in a time of 1hr 14m 40s.