Skip to Content

More Info →A View of The Square

This photograph of The Square was taken in the vicinity of the Manawatu Standard building. In the foreground is the Lakelet (or Butterfly Lake), followed by the Phoenix Palms that once lived in The Square. The tall building towards the left centre is the The Commercial Union Building, situated on the corner of Rangitikei and King Streets. It was completed in March 1973. In front of this is the former Bank of New Zealand. It was demolished for a new multi-storey BNZ. The Hopwood Clock Tower, built in 1956 is visible on the right side of the photograph.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Sq337_008700
Title
A View of The Square
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sq 337
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

A View of The Square
A View of The Square in the 1970s
View of The Square
A View of The Square
Pedestrians Crossing on Rangitikei Street Corner
Rangitikei Street and The Square Insection
Looking Towards Church Street and The Plaza
The Square, Palmerston North
A View of Church Street East
The Shops in The Square in the 1960s
Pedestrians Crossing on Rangitikei Street Corner
Parking in Coleman Place

Creation

Created By
Place
The Square, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1974

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

A View of The Square
A View of The Square in the 1970s
View of The Square
A View of The Square
Pedestrians Crossing on Rangitikei Street Corner
Rangitikei Street and The Square Insection
Looking Towards Church Street and The Plaza
The Square, Palmerston North
A View of Church Street East
The Shops in The Square in the 1960s
Pedestrians Crossing on Rangitikei Street Corner
Parking in Coleman Place

User comments