The Palmerston North Sash Door and Timber Co. Ltd operated a sawmill and joinery factory in Albert St, midway between Broad and Grey Streets. The Company was formed in 1892 and took over the sawmill originally owned by Richter Nannestad and Co Ltd, established 1874. The Sash and Door Factory was destroyed by fire in 1910. Identified in this photograph are: Mr W H (Bill) Lewis (2nd from right, back row); Mr Charlie Ernstrom (2nd from left, 2nd row from front); Fred Kuhtze, later Coutts (5th from left, 3rd row from front); Mr Olaf Moeller, manager (3rd from right, 3rd row from front); Otto Tiller (far left, 2nd row from front).
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Employees of Palmerston North Sash Door and Timber Co Ltd
- Held In