Skip to Content

More Info →William Bentley Draper, W. Park Bookseller, and R. Leary Chemist shops, The Square

These three premises were situated on the southern side of The Square, between Church Street and Main Street west. William Park bought his business in Palmerston North in 1882, and later this building of 8000 square feet was designed by Ernest Larcomb, for him.. Richard Leary, a chemist and optician, established his business in 1875. This building, also designed by E Larcomb, was purpose built for Leary, made of wood and iron and had a floor space of 5200 square feet.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Bc44_BUI_1797
Title
William Bentley Draper, W. Park Bookseller, and R. Leary Chemist shops, The Square
Relation
Public Photograph Collection
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

William Bentley Draper, W. Park Bookseller, and R. Leary Chemist shops, The Square
Australasian T & G building, Broadway
The Square between Rangitikei Street and Coleman Place
Buildings to be demolished in Rangitikei Street
Phoenix House, corner of Grey and Rangititkei Streets
United Farmers Co-operative Association Ltd, The Square
Barraud and Abraham Ltd, Taonui Street
Lion Brewery, Carroll Street
Overlooking Manawatu Golf Club course to 'Woodhey', Hokowhitu
Construction of the Bank of New Zealand, The Square
Queen Street
Saint Josephs Convent School, Carroll and Fitchett Streets

Creation

Created By
Date
circa 1890

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

William Bentley Draper, W. Park Bookseller, and R. Leary Chemist shops, The Square
Australasian T & G building, Broadway
The Square between Rangitikei Street and Coleman Place
Buildings to be demolished in Rangitikei Street
Phoenix House, corner of Grey and Rangititkei Streets
United Farmers Co-operative Association Ltd, The Square
Barraud and Abraham Ltd, Taonui Street
Lion Brewery, Carroll Street
Overlooking Manawatu Golf Club course to 'Woodhey', Hokowhitu
Construction of the Bank of New Zealand, The Square
Queen Street
Saint Josephs Convent School, Carroll and Fitchett Streets

User comments