Skip to Content

More Info →Victoria Esplanade

This view of the Esplanade has been taken looking east towards the Manawatu River.In 1887, the newly formed Borough Council of Palmerston North was granted 361 acres of ground between Park Road and the Manawatu River by the Government. In 1891, the Palmerston North Reserves Act divided this into four parts including 39 acres along the river bank as an esplanade. The Victoria Esplanade was opened in 1897, the same year as Queen Victoria's 60 year on the throne.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011P_P39_006069
Title
Victoria Esplanade
Relation
Public Photograph Collection P 39
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Victoria Esplanade
Walkway Through the Victoria Esplanade
Andrews Collection: Lover's Lane, Victoria Esplanade
Victoria Esplanade Duck Pond
Victoria Esplanade Duck Pond
Cafe Esplanade
Duck Pond at Victoria Esplanade
A View of Fitzherbert Park from the Rotunda in the Victoria Esplanade
Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Tree-lined Walkway, Victoria Esplanade
Andrews Collection: Victoria Esplanade
Walkway, Victoria  Esplanade

Creation

Created By
Place
Victoria Esplanade, Palmerston North
Date
1916

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
gardens,
pergola,
victoria esplanade,

Report a problem

Related items

Victoria Esplanade
Walkway Through the Victoria Esplanade
Andrews Collection: Lover's Lane, Victoria Esplanade
Victoria Esplanade Duck Pond
Victoria Esplanade Duck Pond
Cafe Esplanade
Duck Pond at Victoria Esplanade
A View of Fitzherbert Park from the Rotunda in the Victoria Esplanade
Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Tree-lined Walkway, Victoria Esplanade
Andrews Collection: Victoria Esplanade
Walkway, Victoria  Esplanade

User comments