'Norton', also known as 'Norton Park', was built c1894-1895 for John Mowlem. It was owned by various others until it became the residence of Sir Matthew and Lady Margaretta Oram. At this time it was named Norton by Matthew Oram, MP for Manawatu (1943-57) and speaker of the House of Representatives (1950-57), after his family's association with a village of that name in Durham, England. It was sold by the Oram family in 1979 to the Norton Park Club Inc. In 1982 it was sold to the Palmerston North New Life Centre Charitable Trust Board, who subdivided the property and onsold the house to the Edwards family. The house is now situated in Kings Court.