Stephens' Store about 1906. Mr Henry H Stephens and his wife Francis Lawson moved to Apiti in 1894 and established the business, working it until their departure to Awahuri in 1908. Henry Stephens was also appointed a Justice of the Peace while in Apiti. Henry Stephens opened another store in Awahuri, trading in the same goods and services. He died in Awahuri in 1913. See https://manawatuheritage.pncc.govt.nz/item/6beb4b49-9af8-494e-b173-d49a6b0dd318 for details about the store in Awahuri.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Stephens Bros Merchants & Commission Agents
- Held In