This store, established in 1882, was taken over by Henry Stephens in 1908, from a Mr Tarrant. He ran the store until 1913. The horse drawn coaches, with passengers, are lined up outside the shop in Awahuri. From left: “Rongotea Royal Mail Coachline”, travelled between Rongotea and Palmerston North, owned by Samuel Paul; Rongotea and Sandon coach, owned by Samuel Paul; Rongotea and Feilding coach, owned by A H Hobbs.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Stephens Bros, Merchants & Commission Agents, Awahuri
- Held In