Miranui Flaxmill, owned by A & L Seifert Flaxmilling Company Ltd, was opened 16 November 1907 by the Hon, Robert McNab (Minister of Lands and Agriculture). The man on the far right is the mill cook, known as ‘Immortal Phipps’. Miranui Flax mill was the largest and most up-to-date flax mill in New Zealand at the time.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Dining room and staff ready for opening of Miranui Flaxmill, near Shannon
- Held In