Skip to Content

More Info →St Andrews Church, Church Street

St Andrew's Church, the third Presbyterian church on this site, was designed by Gray Young, Morton and Calder, and was opened 28 September 1957. Presbyterian services began in Palmerston North in 1872, and the first church was built in 1878. A second larger building served as the church from 1893 until this one was built.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2015S_2015-55_013550
Title
St Andrews Church, Church Street
Relation
2015/55
Format
Slide
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

All Saints Church, Church Street
All Saints Church hall, Church Street
St Andrews in the City, Church Street
St Andrews Church, Church Street
Church - Scottish Kirk, Tangimoana
Church - Scottish Kirk, Tangimoana
Church - Scottish Kirk, Tangimoana
Memory Lane - "A celebration of faith for Baptist Church"
Plaque at former site of Ashhurst Methodist Church
Interior of Anglican Church, Ashhurst
Broad Street looking towards The Square
Founders of the Methodist Sunday School

Creation

Created By
Place
388 Church Street, Palmerston North
Date
August 30, 1964

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

All Saints Church, Church Street
All Saints Church hall, Church Street
St Andrews in the City, Church Street
St Andrews Church, Church Street
Church - Scottish Kirk, Tangimoana
Church - Scottish Kirk, Tangimoana
Church - Scottish Kirk, Tangimoana
Memory Lane - "A celebration of faith for Baptist Church"
Plaque at former site of Ashhurst Methodist Church
Interior of Anglican Church, Ashhurst
Broad Street looking towards The Square
Founders of the Methodist Sunday School

User comments