Skip to Content

More Info →Tea kiosk, Victoria Esplanade

The Victoria Esplanade, named during Queen Victoria’s 60th year on the throne, was opened in 1897. Here we see the first tea kiosk, not long after it was opened in 1909. It was demolished in 1943, and having a cup a tea in the gardens was not on offer again until the old Post Office was moved on site and converted into tea rooms in 1989-1990.

Identification

Object type
Postcard
Digitisation ID
2011P_P55_006018
Title
Tea kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Relation
Public Photograph Collection P55
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Tea kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Cherry trees in blossom, Victoria Esplanade
The Square
Memorial Park swimming pool
Memorial Park
Cherry Trees, Victoria Esplanade
Palm Tree Lined Road at the Esplanade
Victoria Esplanade, Palmerston North
Memorial Park, Terrace End
Memorial Park swimming pool
Memorial Park swimming pool and skating rink
Victoria Esplanade, Palmerston North

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1910

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Tea kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Cherry trees in blossom, Victoria Esplanade
The Square
Memorial Park swimming pool
Memorial Park
Cherry Trees, Victoria Esplanade
Palm Tree Lined Road at the Esplanade
Victoria Esplanade, Palmerston North
Memorial Park, Terrace End
Memorial Park swimming pool
Memorial Park swimming pool and skating rink
Victoria Esplanade, Palmerston North

User comments