Skip to Content

More Info →The One-Room School at Opiki

This school was opened on 18 June, 1928 with a roll of 19 pupils. Mr E Farrant was the teacher. The land on which the school was built was donated by Mr Hugh Akers. The original one room was added to in 1930, 1953 and 1961. The school is still in existence today [2015].

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Sc104_007726
Title
The One-Room School at Opiki
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sc 104
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

The One-Room School at Opiki
Pupils and Teacher at Himatangi Mill School
Mangarimu Public School
Rongotea School
"Colours of life"
Home Movie - Life on Opiki Farm
Home movie - History of Opiki
Opiki Bridge
A Brief History of the Opiki Flax Industry (1902-1919)
Employees of Climo and Eggers Sawmill, Waituna West
Carl Johan (or Johann) Oden with his Horse
The "Breaking Down Bench" at Climo and Eggers Sawmill, Waituna West

Creation

Created By
Place
Opiki, Manawatu
Date
circa 1928

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

The One-Room School at Opiki
Pupils and Teacher at Himatangi Mill School
Mangarimu Public School
Rongotea School
"Colours of life"
Home Movie - Life on Opiki Farm
Home movie - History of Opiki
Opiki Bridge
A Brief History of the Opiki Flax Industry (1902-1919)
Employees of Climo and Eggers Sawmill, Waituna West
Carl Johan (or Johann) Oden with his Horse
The "Breaking Down Bench" at Climo and Eggers Sawmill, Waituna West

User comments