Skip to Content

More Info →Rongotea School

It was on March 28 1881 that the Rongotea School was first opened by its headmaster F Whitecombe. It was known as the Campbelltown School, the name being subsequently changed to Rongotea. On the opening day, the roll umber 11. A year later there were 58 pupils. The land for the school was cleared by W Hunt (two acres in all) and his son Warren, who was the first pupil enrolled at the school.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Sc96_007721
Title
Rongotea School
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Sc 96
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Rongotea School
Mangarimu Public School
The One-Room School at Opiki
Central Normal School Class Photo
Central Normal School Class Photo
Central Normal School Class Photo
Central Normal School Class Photo
Central Normal School Class Photo
Central Normal School Class Photo
St. Mary's School
Construction of the Infant Block, Terrace End School
Opening Day of the Central School Infant Block

Creation

Created By
Place
Rongotea
Date
circa 1909

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Rongotea School
Mangarimu Public School
The One-Room School at Opiki
Central Normal School Class Photo
Central Normal School Class Photo
Central Normal School Class Photo
Central Normal School Class Photo
Central Normal School Class Photo
Central Normal School Class Photo
St. Mary's School
Construction of the Infant Block, Terrace End School
Opening Day of the Central School Infant Block

User comments