'The Young People's workers' taken outside the Citadel building, Palmerston North. From left. Back row: L. Millington; F Neeve; Mrs Leighton (Treasurer); P Tongs; V White; M Craven (Bible Class leader). Front row: R Smeaton; Mrs Pidgeon; W McInnis; J McBride; C Vobb (Primary Leader); V Millington. The Salvation Army was established in Palmerston North in 1884. This Citadel was built in 1922 on land that stretched from Broadway and King Street. In the 1982, having outgrown these premises, land was acquired on the corner of Church and Princess Street to build a new Citadel and Social Service Centre.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Salvation Army Young People's Workers, Palmerston North
- Held In