Skip to Content

More Info →Salvation Army group

This group photograph is taken outside of the Citadel building, Broadway, Palmerston North. Identified people: Mrs Major Neeve(front, 2nd left); Mrs Shearman (front, 3rd left); Major Neeve (front, at right). The Salvation Army was established in Palmerston North in 1884. This Citadel was built in 1922 on land that stretched from Broadway and King Street. In 1982, having outgrown these premises, land was acquired on the corner of Church and Princess Street to build a new Citadel and Social Service Centre.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011G_ELMAR-2-B16_005357
Title
Salvation Army group
Relation
CA: Elmar Negative Collection: F107
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Salvation Army group
Salvation Army officers
Salvation Army officers
Salvation Army officers
Salvation Army officers
Salvation Army group
Group of Salvation Army women and children
Salvation Army Young People's Workers, Palmerston North
"Torchbearer Group" of Salvation Army
Salvation Army Choir, Palmerston North
Salvation Army officers
Salvation Army Hall, Princess Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
circa 1944

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Salvation Army group
Salvation Army officers
Salvation Army officers
Salvation Army officers
Salvation Army officers
Salvation Army group
Group of Salvation Army women and children
Salvation Army Young People's Workers, Palmerston North
"Torchbearer Group" of Salvation Army
Salvation Army Choir, Palmerston North
Salvation Army officers
Salvation Army Hall, Princess Street

User comments