Skip to Content

More Info →Illuminated notice of the opening of the new Fitzherbert Bridge

The new Fitzherbert Bridge opened in 1935, to replace the original bridge over the Manwatu River, built in 1877.

This illustrated notice acknowledges the Palmerston North City Council and the Kairanga County Council, who constructed the bridge. It was opened by Viscount Galway, Governor General of New Zealand at the time.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2017Pa_PNCC1-39-6_020082
Title
Illuminated notice of the opening of the new Fitzherbert Bridge
Relation
PNCC 1/39/6
Format
Paper
Held In
PNCC Archives
Archive
PNCC

Related items

Fitzherbert Bridge under repair
Construction of the Second Fitzherbert Bridge
Rider and horse on Fitzherbert Bridge
Construction of the Second Fitzherbert Bridge
Construction of the second Fitzherbert Bridge
Construction of Second Fitzherbert Bridge
Fitzherbert Bridge across the Manawatu River
Second Fitzherbert Bridge
Construction of Fitzherbert Bridge
Construction of Fitzherbert Bridge
Fitzherbert Bridge
Fitzherbert Bridge

Creation

Created By
Place
Fitzherbert Bridge, Palmerston North
Date
July 20, 1935

Object rights

Credit Line
PNCC

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Fitzherbert Bridge under repair
Construction of the Second Fitzherbert Bridge
Rider and horse on Fitzherbert Bridge
Construction of the Second Fitzherbert Bridge
Construction of the second Fitzherbert Bridge
Construction of Second Fitzherbert Bridge
Fitzherbert Bridge across the Manawatu River
Second Fitzherbert Bridge
Construction of Fitzherbert Bridge
Construction of Fitzherbert Bridge
Fitzherbert Bridge
Fitzherbert Bridge

User comments