Skip to Content

More Info →Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade

Development began on the Victoria Esplanade in Palmerston North, named to mark Queen Victoria's 60th jubilee, in 1897. Cherry blossom trees were first planted in the 1920s, and became a feature of the gardens. Hundreds of people came to view them each year when in blossom and special trains ran from Wellington to bring sightseers.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_P38_RES_0145
Title
Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Pathway in Victoria Esplanade
Palm Drive – Victoria Esplanade
Paddling Pool at the Esplanade
Children's Paddling Pool - Victoria Esplanade
Woman and Dog in Victoria Esplanade
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Phoenix Palms, Victoria Esplanade
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Palm Tree Lined Road at the Esplanade
Cherry Blossom in The Esplanade

Creation

Created By
Place
Victoria Esplanade Drive, Palmerston North
Date
1944

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North Libraries and Community Services

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Pathway in Victoria Esplanade
Palm Drive – Victoria Esplanade
Paddling Pool at the Esplanade
Children's Paddling Pool - Victoria Esplanade
Woman and Dog in Victoria Esplanade
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Phoenix Palms, Victoria Esplanade
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Palm Tree Lined Road at the Esplanade
Cherry Blossom in The Esplanade

User comments