This entrance to the City Library is on The Square. The ramp leads up to the main doors into the library on the Mezzanine Floor. The library was opened in 1996, after the conversion of a former department store in a library. It was first built by the C M Ross Co. Ltd (Roscos) in 1927 to 1928. Athfield Architects were the architects for the library renovation.