The original Premier Drapery Company building was first owned by Watchorn & Co and later bought by W.F. Durward. It was reorganised into the PDC in 1915 when it was purcahsed by James Wallace. In 1956, the company was taken over by the Manawatu Co-Op Society and renamed the Premier Department Store. The PDC was demolished in 1990 to make way for the Plaza Mall and the company ceased to exist. Shown here is the Social Club of the Premier Drapery Company, who are entertaining the local troops at Linton Army Camp. From Left: Unknown x2; Joy Dunstan; Barbara Heath; Alma Barsanti; Nola Prince; Pat Duggan.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- PDC Social Club at Linton Army Camp
- B&W print
- Held In