"Totara Reserve" is the popular name of the 740 acre public reserve situated on the east bank of the Pohangina River and officially known as Pohangina Valley Domain. Since 1947, this reserve has been owned by the Palmerston North City Council. This photograph shows one of the early motor cars of the Pohangina Valley (possibly owned by Evaline Clink) travelling along the metalled road through the reserve. The ownership of the car is unknown. The photographer is Charles E Wildbore (1862-1937), who came to New Zealand from England in 1874. He was a bee keeper, dairy farmer and a well-known amateur photographer in the Pohangina Valley during the period 1890s-1920. He married Jane Emily Dallison in 1888 and they had 13 children.