Skip to Content

More Info →John Close Hobbs

John Hobbs (c1865-1942) was the first commercial bee-keeper in the Kairanga district. He and his brother, Arthur, established an apiary of Aorangi Road in 1896. Arthur and John Hobbs were the sons of Edward Hobbs, a son of the Reverend John Hobbs, one of the early Wesleyan missionaries at Hokianga, North Auckland.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2011N_Ka16_004995
Title
John Close Hobbs
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Ka16
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

John Close Hobbs
Guy family and Friends
Maurice Thompson (Snr) photograph album
Beth Thompson photograph album
Grain seed harvest, Foxton area
Three Reaping and Binding Machines, Penny's Line
Remains of an Early Cottage - Pohangina Valley
Tait - Jamieson Homestead and Cowshed Under Water
Threshing mill at work, Sanson area
Wool press in woolshed, Bunnythorpe
Threshing Mill at work, Penny's Line
Ploughing Team at Work

Creation

Created By
Place
Manawatu
Date
1896

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

John Close Hobbs
Guy family and Friends
Maurice Thompson (Snr) photograph album
Beth Thompson photograph album
Grain seed harvest, Foxton area
Three Reaping and Binding Machines, Penny's Line
Remains of an Early Cottage - Pohangina Valley
Tait - Jamieson Homestead and Cowshed Under Water
Threshing mill at work, Sanson area
Wool press in woolshed, Bunnythorpe
Threshing Mill at work, Penny's Line
Ploughing Team at Work

User comments