Skip to Content

Pikes Furniture Ltd, at 11 Milson Line. The original business was founded in 1935, which became 'Pikes', formed by Charles, Stan and Murray Pike, in 1946 in Andrew Young Street. The business moved to Milson Line, as pictured, in 1956.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2019P_2015-28_026506
Title
Pikes Furniture store
Format
B&W print
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
Public photograph collection 2015-28
Date
1964

Related items

Co-Op shop, Corner of Vogel and Hayden Streets
Businesses in The Square
Rangitikei Street
Rangitikei Street
The Longburn Store
The Square between Rangitikei Street and Coleman Place
Father Christmases preparing to distribute presents to children on Christmas Day, Rangitikei Street
A. E Mann's Bootshop
Father Christmases preparing to distribute presents to children on Christmas Day, Rangitikei Street
Postcard of the Square
Plumbing World and proposed bus shelter
Hire World, Ready Hire and proposed bus shelter

Creation

Created By
Place
11 Milson Line, Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
buildings,
businesses,
shops,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Co-Op shop, Corner of Vogel and Hayden Streets
Businesses in The Square
Rangitikei Street
Rangitikei Street
The Longburn Store
The Square between Rangitikei Street and Coleman Place
Father Christmases preparing to distribute presents to children on Christmas Day, Rangitikei Street
A. E Mann's Bootshop
Father Christmases preparing to distribute presents to children on Christmas Day, Rangitikei Street
Postcard of the Square
Plumbing World and proposed bus shelter
Hire World, Ready Hire and proposed bus shelter