In October 1942 the Palmerston North Hospital Board officially opened a maternity hospital in a house in Foxton. The post war baby boom saw a steady increase in demand for space and the facilities were gradually extended and updated. However, during the seventies the number of births dropped and the Hospital Board closed the Home in December 1982. From left, Midwives Mrs Phyllis Lash and Mrs Christine Percival.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Maternity Hospital, Ladys Mile, Foxton
- Held In