Skip to Content

The Municipal Opera House of Palmerston North, designed by F J Wilson and built by J Trevor and Sons, was erected in 1904-1905 and opened 12 July 1905. In 1952 it was condemned unsafe by the Palmerston North City Council and was strengthened and remodelled both inside and out in 1955. It was sold by the PNCC to a businessman in 1996 and demolished.

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bm 13
Date
circa 1910
Digitisation ID
2009N_Bm13_BUI_2679
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Construction of the Civic Administration Building, the Square
Council Chamber, The Square

Taxonomy

Tags
architecture,
building,
municipal,
music,
photographs,
pnbc,
pncc,
rural towns and life,
theatre,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Municipal Opera House, Church Street
Opera House and St Andrews Church, Church Street
Construction of the Civic Administration Building, the Square
Council Chamber, The Square