In 1916 John Boniface purchased the small bakery and confectionery business of W J Everett on the corner of Cuba and Lombard Streets. He was joined by his brother Amos in 1918 when he returned from World War One. From that time the business developed rapidly and in 1924 a section was bought in Cuba Street near the corner of Bourke Street, where this bakery was built in 1929. The bakery was later moved to 859 Tremaine Avenue. John A Boniface is in the centre of the front row and his brother Amos Boniface is beside him, second from the right.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- 2009N_Bc131_BUI_ 2394
- Management & staff of Boniface Brothers Bakery, corner of Cuba and Bourke Streets
- Held In