Skip to Content

More Info →'Atawhai', Fitzherbert

'Atawhai' was built in 1908 for Edwin Keiller. It was designed by the architect Natusch and built by Arthur Bennett. The residence had seventeen rooms, plus service rooms, and remained in the Keiller family until 1963 when the Presbyterian Educational Purposes Trust bought the house for a student hostel. It was renamed Fergusson Hall and remains a hostel for students of Massey University at 150 Atawhai Drive(2009).

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008N_Bur74_BUI_1852
Title
'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bur 74
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

178 Fitzherbert Avenue
'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
Entrance hall of 'Atawhai' Fitzherbert
349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
104 Napier Road
Caccia Birch House, 130 Te Awe Awe Street
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street
9, 11 and 15 Bourke Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Massey College, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1950 to circa 1959

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

178 Fitzherbert Avenue
'Atawhai', Fitzherbert
Entrance hall of 'Atawhai' Fitzherbert
349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
104 Napier Road
Caccia Birch House, 130 Te Awe Awe Street
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street
9, 11 and 15 Bourke Street

User comments