Skip to Content

Stained glass windows as photographed from the inside of the Wesley Methodist Church. The two-piece stained glass memorial window is in honour of John Cunninghame, of Palmerston North department store Collinson and Cunninghame fame.

This church, originally called St Paul's, was designed by James Bennie in 1911 and was the third Methodist church on the Broadway site. It closed in February 2011 after the Christchurch earthquake and is to be demolished.

Identification

Object type
Image
Relation
Public photograph collection 2018-51
Date
circa 1970
Digitisation ID
2018P_2018-51_025385
Format
Colour print
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Stained glass window of the Wesley Methodist Church
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 3
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 2
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 11
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 6
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 5
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 12
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 10
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 7
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 4
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 8

Taxonomy

Tags
1970s,
churches,
religion,
stained glass,
wesley broadway church,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Stained glass window of the Wesley Methodist Church
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 3
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 2
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 11
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 6
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 5
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 12
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 10
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 7
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 4
Demolition of Wesley Broadway Church - 8