Skip to Content
Stained glass window of the Wesley Methodist Church

More Info →Stained glass window of the Wesley Methodist Church

Stained glass windows as photographed from the inside of the Wesley Methodist Church. The two-piece stained glass memorial window is in honour of John Cunninghame, of Palmerston North department store Collinson and Cunninghame fame.

This church, originally called St Paul's, was designed by James Bennie in 1911 and was the third Methodist church on the Broadway site. It closed in February 2011 after the Christchurch earthquake and is to be demolished.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2018P_2018-51_025384
Title
Stained glass window of the Wesley Methodist Church
Relation
Public photograph collection 2018-51
Format
Colour print
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

"The Land Story for the St James Union Parish, Woodville
Rongotea Methodist Church
Stained glass window of the Wesley Methodist Church
Stained glass window of the Wesley Methodist Church
Bible Class Girls
Reverend Ronald P.F. Plaistowe
Cathedral of the Holy Spirit - interior
Wesley Methodist Church, Broadway
Wesley Methodist Church
All Saints Church, Church Street
All Saints Church hall, Church Street
St Andrews in the City, Church Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Broadway, Palmerston North
Date
circa 1970

Object rights

Credit Line
Ian Matheson City Archives

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

"The Land Story for the St James Union Parish, Woodville
Rongotea Methodist Church
Stained glass window of the Wesley Methodist Church
Stained glass window of the Wesley Methodist Church
Bible Class Girls
Reverend Ronald P.F. Plaistowe
Cathedral of the Holy Spirit - interior
Wesley Methodist Church, Broadway
Wesley Methodist Church
All Saints Church, Church Street
All Saints Church hall, Church Street
St Andrews in the City, Church Street

User comments