This house was built in 1902 by Lawrence Laurenson for his family. The Laurenson family continued to occupy it at least until the 1980s. The Laurenson family emigrated from the Shetland Islands arriving on the ‘Avalanche’ in 1875. This building is listed in category 2 of the New Zealand Historic Places Trust register, for architectural significance.
- Created By
- E Creamer
- 451 College Street, Palmerston North
- Credit Line
- Palmerston North City Library
- Community Tags