The Fitzherbert East School, near Palmerston North, was built in 1889 by Messrs Perrin, Oakley and Meyrick, and opened to the first pupils March 19th 1889. The school as first built comprised of a single classroom and porch. The photograph shows children, parents and teachers outside the school with a tent alongside.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Fitzherbert East - Aokautere School
- Held In
- Created By
- Attwood and Co.
- 169 Fitzherbert East Road, Aokautere, Palmerston North
- circa 1890 to circa 1899
- Credit Line
- Palmerston North City Library
- Community Tags