Skip to Content

The new public library was officially opened on 4 November, 1965 and served as the city's library until 1996. The caption reads: "The library building from The Square. At present the library occupies part of the ground floor, all of the first floor, and the basement."

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2020P_PNCC-S47_032430
Title
Public Library
Format
B&W print
Held In
Coolstore
Relation
PNCC Series 47, Box 2
Archive
Palmerston North City Council
Date
circa 1965

Related items

Library Home Service Delivery
Library Home Service Delivery
"Where The Mind of Man is Broadened" [Library]
"Movement Lessons At Drama School"
"Visiting New Children's Library"
"Preparing Display of Children's Books" - Library
Plans, CM Ross Building, 1928
The pleasure of reading
Annabelle Tuttiett and Wendy McTaggart
Library Staff
"Children To Have Temporary Library"
History of Palmerston North City Library, 1879-1979

Creation

Created By
Place
Corner of Main Street and The Square, Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
library,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Library Home Service Delivery
Library Home Service Delivery
"Where The Mind of Man is Broadened" [Library]
"Movement Lessons At Drama School"
"Visiting New Children's Library"
"Preparing Display of Children's Books" - Library
Plans, CM Ross Building, 1928
The pleasure of reading
Annabelle Tuttiett and Wendy McTaggart
Library Staff
"Children To Have Temporary Library"
History of Palmerston North City Library, 1879-1979