Skip to Content

More Info →Family Tavern, corner of Featherston and Rangitikei Streets

The former Family Hotel, trading 1897-1969, was converted into the Family Tavern in 1969. The building was demolished in 1988 and replaced by Palmerston’s Restaurant, which was later demolished in the mid 1990s and replaced by McDonald’s Restaurant.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2008P_Z5170_BUI_0958
Title
Family Tavern, corner of Featherston and Rangitikei Streets
Held In
IMCA Digital Archive

Related items

United Farmers Co-operative Association Ltd, The Square
Rangitikei Street shops
Barraud and Abraham Ltd, Taonui Street
Rangitikei Street businesses
Nash Building and Andrews Building, George Street
Lion Brewery, Carroll Street
Overlooking Manawatu Golf Club course to 'Woodhey', Hokowhitu
Construction of the Bank of New Zealand, The Square
Hokowhitu Branch Library
Hallensteins Building, corner of George Street and Coleman Place
Queen Street
Saint Josephs Convent School, Carroll and Fitchett Streets

Creation

Created By
Place
Corner of Featherston and Rangitikei Street, Palmerston North
Date
1988

Object rights

Credit Line
Matt Ryan

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

United Farmers Co-operative Association Ltd, The Square
Rangitikei Street shops
Barraud and Abraham Ltd, Taonui Street
Rangitikei Street businesses
Nash Building and Andrews Building, George Street
Lion Brewery, Carroll Street
Overlooking Manawatu Golf Club course to 'Woodhey', Hokowhitu
Construction of the Bank of New Zealand, The Square
Hokowhitu Branch Library
Hallensteins Building, corner of George Street and Coleman Place
Queen Street
Saint Josephs Convent School, Carroll and Fitchett Streets

User comments