Skip to Content

More Info →Palmerston North Art Gallery

The Palmerston North Art Gallery, administered by the Manawatu Art Gallery Society on behalf of the City Council, was opened by the Governor General Lord Cobham on 30 September 1959. A new Art Gallery was constructed as part of the Te Manawa complex in Main Street and opened in 1977. See 2009P_Bm22_BUI_2707, 2014N_Bm24_009560 and 2008N_Bm23_BUI_1828 for alternate views.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014N_Bm26_009561
Title
Palmerston North Art Gallery
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bm 26
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Palmerston North Art Gallery
Palmerston North Art Gallery
School pupil carrying milk pails at the museum in Palmerston North
Pahiatua School visits Palmerston North Museum
School pupils in the foundry at the museum in Palmerston North
"Reflections" mural, Te Manawa
School pupil washing clothes by hand at the museum in Palmerston North
Pahiatua School pupils eating lunch in The Square, Palmerston North
School pupil making Butter at the museum in Palmerston North
School pupils sawing wood at the museum at Palmerston North
Te Manawa and Globe Theatre, Main Street, Palmerston North
Te Manawa Art Gallery,

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
March 17, 1960

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Art Gallery
Palmerston North Art Gallery
School pupil carrying milk pails at the museum in Palmerston North
Pahiatua School visits Palmerston North Museum
School pupils in the foundry at the museum in Palmerston North
"Reflections" mural, Te Manawa
School pupil washing clothes by hand at the museum in Palmerston North
Pahiatua School pupils eating lunch in The Square, Palmerston North
School pupil making Butter at the museum in Palmerston North
School pupils sawing wood at the museum at Palmerston North
Te Manawa and Globe Theatre, Main Street, Palmerston North
Te Manawa Art Gallery,

User comments