Skip to Content

View PDF

Under the Oil Fuel (Emergency) Regulations of 1939, petrol and other fuels were rationed in New Zealand. Fuel rationing was introduced in September 1939 following the outbreak of the Second World War and remained in force until May 1950. This license was issued to Olga Stephens, who worked as the Longburn Postmistress, authorising her to purchase fuel from Nicholson & Skeates of 86 Fitzherbert Avenue, Palmerston North.

Identification

Object type
Multi-Page Document
Content type
Document
Archive
Stephens Family
Relation
CA: Stephens Family, Series 3, Folder 1
Date
1948
Digitisation ID
2023Pa_StephensFamily-S3-F1_035181
Format
Paper
Held In
Community Archives

Related items

Railway Yards, Main Street, Palmerston North
‘Food For Britain’ Display
Central Service Station, Fitzherbert Avenue
Fitzherbert Avenue from The Square
Clausen's Plating Works - Corner of Cook Street and Main Street West
Caltex Oil (NZ) Ltd, Kelvin Grove Road
Corner of Broadway Avenue and Princess Street
Church Street East
Shell Station, Rangitikei Street
Railway Workers Fueling Locomotive
Shell Co. Staff
Pedestrian Crossing on College Street

Taxonomy

Tags
fuel,
petrol,
rations,
transport,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Railway Yards, Main Street, Palmerston North
‘Food For Britain’ Display
Central Service Station, Fitzherbert Avenue
Fitzherbert Avenue from The Square
Clausen's Plating Works - Corner of Cook Street and Main Street West
Caltex Oil (NZ) Ltd, Kelvin Grove Road
Corner of Broadway Avenue and Princess Street
Church Street East
Shell Station, Rangitikei Street
Railway Workers Fueling Locomotive
Shell Co. Staff
Pedestrian Crossing on College Street