The first school at Newbury, near Palmerston North, was established in 1878, with a roll of 49 pupils, and enlarged in 1881. The school was originally known as Taonui School but was changed to Newbury in 1904 owing to confusion with the Feilding school of the same name. The first teacher was J C Hill.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Taonui School (now Newbury School) School Photo
- Held In