The first state school in Palmerston North was established on the corner of Main and Duke (now Princess) Streets in 1872. In 1890 it moved to a new site in Campbell Street, and in 1921 to Featherston Street as Central (Normal) School. Some of the pupils are (from left, standing): C Dawick; C Nathan; W Keeling; unknown. (Sitting): Walton; T Allingham; A Dawick; A Mowlem; Jos Batchelar.
- Object type
- Digitisation ID
- Boy pupils, first state school
- Held In