Skip to Content

More Info →Palmerston North Public Hospital

The Palmerston North Public Hospital was constructed at a cost of £3,700, and opened in November 1893. It was designed by Ernest Larcomb, the builders were Mr G. Carter and the first board chairman was George Snelson. Initially the staff consisted of Doctors McIntyre and Porter, Miss Ellen Dougherty, Matron and two nurses. The current hospital remains on the same site.

Identification

Object type
Postcard
Digitisation ID
2016P_Postcard19_013206
Title
Palmerston North Public Hospital
Format
Postcard
Held In
Coolstore
Archive
Postcard Collection

Related items

Palmerston North Public Hospital
View of Ruahine Street during COVID-19 Pandemic
Ruahine Street during COVID-19 pandemic
Corner of Ruahine Street and Broadway Avenue
"Moves to Prevent Further Erosion"
"Beginning of Operation Pull Through"
Square Circular - October 2015
Fund raising concert for Palmerston North Hospital
Group of Nurses
Aerial view of Palmerston North Public Hospital
Views of Palmerston North
Palmerston North "Posting Album"

Creation

Created By
Place
Heretaunga Street, Palmerston North
Date
August 27, 1907

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Palmerston North Public Hospital
View of Ruahine Street during COVID-19 Pandemic
Ruahine Street during COVID-19 pandemic
Corner of Ruahine Street and Broadway Avenue
"Moves to Prevent Further Erosion"
"Beginning of Operation Pull Through"
Square Circular - October 2015
Fund raising concert for Palmerston North Hospital
Group of Nurses
Aerial view of Palmerston North Public Hospital
Views of Palmerston North
Palmerston North "Posting Album"

User comments