Skip to Content

More Info →'Totaranui', Manawatu Museum

This house was built in Fitzroy Street in 1875, making it one of the earliest buildings in the city, and is now situated outside Te Manawa Museum. The timber used in the flooring, wallboards, joints and rafters are of totara and the skirting, architraves and doors are all of Kauri shipped from Auckland. The chimney bricks are stamped with the name Charles Tricklebank the town’s first bricklayer. Built by Peter Manson, the house was gifted to the city in 1970 by the Pascoe family.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2010N_Bur175_3081
Title
'Totaranui', Manawatu Museum
Relation
PNCC 7/8/5 Creamer Collection
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

'Totaranui', Manawatu Museum
349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
104 Napier Road
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street
9, 11 and 15 Bourke Street
27 Elmira Avenue
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
15 Bourke Street

Creation

Created By
Place
Main Street, Palmerston North
Date
1984

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

'Totaranui', Manawatu Museum
349 College Street
'Woodhey', Te Awe Awe Street
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
'Dania', corner of Ward and Fitchett Streets
104 Napier Road
'Waimarama', 46 Alfred Street
11 Bourke Street
9, 11 and 15 Bourke Street
27 Elmira Avenue
‘The Wattles’, corner of Linton and College Streets
15 Bourke Street

User comments