Skip to Content

More Info →Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street

Terrace End Cemetery came into use in Palmerston North in 1875, superseded by Kelvin Grove Cemetery in 1927. It is divided into denominational divisions and 'public reserves' for stillborn babies and the poor. The total number of recorded burials is about 10,000.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_P119_RES_0168
Title
Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street
Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street
Kate Watchorn's Grave
Headstone of Thomas McMahon, Terrace End Cemetery
Totara Reserve, Pohangina
Aerial photograph of Memorial Park, Terrace End
Palmerston North Golf Club
Memorial Park entrance, Main Street
Helicopter transports materials to the Sledge Track, Kahuterawa
Bledisloe Park, Massey University
Camping at the Municipal Camping Ground, Dittmer Drive
Lily pond, Victoria Esplanade

Creation

Created By
Place
Napier Road, Palmerston North
Date
1968

Object rights

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street
Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street
Kate Watchorn's Grave
Headstone of Thomas McMahon, Terrace End Cemetery
Totara Reserve, Pohangina
Aerial photograph of Memorial Park, Terrace End
Palmerston North Golf Club
Memorial Park entrance, Main Street
Helicopter transports materials to the Sledge Track, Kahuterawa
Bledisloe Park, Massey University
Camping at the Municipal Camping Ground, Dittmer Drive
Lily pond, Victoria Esplanade

User comments