Skip to Content

This small photograph album belonged to Mrs R Andrews of Rangitikei House. This photograph bears the caption, "Band Rotunda, Esplanade P.N." This rotunda once sat in The Square. It was built in 1898 and removed in 1907 when it was replaced with a larger structure.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_AndrewsS1_010012
Title
Andrews Collection: Band Rotunda in the Victoria Esplanade
Held In
Community Archives
Relation
CA: Andrews Collection, S1
Date
circa 1927

Related items

Courtyard of the Sunken Gardens in Front of the CAB
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Milverton Park
Paddling Pool, Victoria Esplanade
William Henry Smith
Memorial Park swimming pool
Children's paddling pool in winter, Victoria Esplanade
Victoria Drive, Victoria Esplanade
Rose Garden, Victoria Esplanade
Hokowhitu Lagoon
Totara Reserve, Pohangina

Creation

Created By
Place
Esplanade, Palmerston North

Object rights

Taxonomy

Tags
demolished,
dome,
photographs,
reserves,
Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Courtyard of the Sunken Gardens in Front of the CAB
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Cherry Blossom, Victoria Esplanade
Milverton Park
Paddling Pool, Victoria Esplanade
William Henry Smith
Memorial Park swimming pool
Children's paddling pool in winter, Victoria Esplanade
Victoria Drive, Victoria Esplanade
Rose Garden, Victoria Esplanade
Hokowhitu Lagoon
Totara Reserve, Pohangina