Skip to Content

More Info →Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street

Terrace End Cemetery came into use in Palmerston North in 1875, superseded by Kelvin Grove Cemetery in 1927. It is divided into denominational divisions and 'public reserves' for stillborn babies and the poor. The total number of recorded burials is about 10,000.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007N_P143_RES_0177
Title
Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street
Relation
Public Photograph Collection P 143
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street
Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street
Kate Watchorn's Grave
Headstone of Thomas McMahon, Terrace End Cemetery
Totara Reserve, Pohangina
Aerial photograph of Memorial Park, Terrace End
Palmerston North Golf Club
Memorial Park entrance, Main Street
Helicopter transports materials to the Sledge Track, Kahuterawa
Bledisloe Park, Massey University
Camping at the Municipal Camping Ground, Dittmer Drive
Lily pond, Victoria Esplanade

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1927 to 1929

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street
Terrace End Cemetery, Main Street
Kate Watchorn's Grave
Headstone of Thomas McMahon, Terrace End Cemetery
Totara Reserve, Pohangina
Aerial photograph of Memorial Park, Terrace End
Palmerston North Golf Club
Memorial Park entrance, Main Street
Helicopter transports materials to the Sledge Track, Kahuterawa
Bledisloe Park, Massey University
Camping at the Municipal Camping Ground, Dittmer Drive
Lily pond, Victoria Esplanade

User comments