Image of a piece of industrial equipment produced by Berry Engineering (then trading as Mauri Engineering) being moved by truck to destination. During the 1980s Berry Engineering became Protech Engineering and was situated in Railway Road.
Berry Engineering was established in 1907 by Mr Edwin Berry, in Main Street, as E. D. Berry General Engineer. As they grew, they moved to Ferguson Street, then to Ashley Street, and sons Frank, Zean and Edwin Jnr joined the business. They manufactured a wide variety of industrial equipment, and were particularly involved with the dairy industry over the years.
More images in this series are held. Please ask staff if interested.