Les Arnott , a well known building contractor of Palmrston North, purchased the cordial factory about 1924 and operated it for about 10 years as a part time business before leasing it to Mr Voitree and then to a Mr Rosser. Mr Arnott traded under the name of Griffiths, which was the name of the founder of the business.
The photograph shows two Ford Model T trucks loaded with gallon jars of cordial. The small truck was used for household deliveries in and around Palmerston North while the double-decker truck went to Pahiatua and Dannevirke. The man on the right is Percy Vining, who looked after the trucks and later went into business as motor mechanic and motor garage proprietor in Palmerston North. The other two people are unidentified.
The cordials manufactured by Arnott were lemonade, orange, cola, raspberry, creaming soda and ginger ale.
The cordial factory (seen in the background) was situated on the eastern side of Albert Street between Broadway Avenue and Grey Street, on the site once occupied by Richter, Nannestad & Co's sawmill and by a sash and door factory. The cordial factory building was still standing at 67 Albert Street and used as a storage shed in the 1980s, when the Arnott family still owned the building.