Skip to Content

More Info →Bunnythorpe Railway Station and Hotel

The township of Bunnythorpe lies within the original Manchester Block, purchased from the New Zealand Government by the Colonist's' Land and Loan Corporation Ltd in 1869. A Bunnythorpe railway station was first built in 1875. It was replaced by this smaller building in 1957, which was in turn removed in 1975. The Royal Hotel, originally the Bunnythorpe United Hotel, was built c1890s. A new single storey replacement hotel opened next door in 1973.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2007P_Bu9_RTL_0776
Title
Bunnythorpe Railway Station and Hotel
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Bu9
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Bunnythorpe Railway Station and Hotel
Rangitikei Hotel, Bulls
Foxton Family Hotel
Whytes Hotel, Foxton
Foxton Railway Station yard and goods shed
Foxton Railway Station
Napier Mail Leaving Palmerston North
Foxton Post Office
Inauguration of the first commercial air service from Palmerston North
Rongotea Post Office
Corner of The Square and Main Street West
Royal Hotel, Bunnythorpe

Creation

Created By
Place
Manawatu
Date
1959

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags

Report a problem

Related items

Bunnythorpe Railway Station and Hotel
Rangitikei Hotel, Bulls
Foxton Family Hotel
Whytes Hotel, Foxton
Foxton Railway Station yard and goods shed
Foxton Railway Station
Napier Mail Leaving Palmerston North
Foxton Post Office
Inauguration of the first commercial air service from Palmerston North
Rongotea Post Office
Corner of The Square and Main Street West
Royal Hotel, Bunnythorpe

User comments