The blue intertwined letters, 'C S', on a red background, were worn in the middle of the hat band on the uniform straw boater. Red and blue were the school colours. The badge belonged to Mrs Maud Dalgety (nee Warburton) who attended Craven School c 1903-1912. Craven School was a private school for girls in Palmerston North from 1892-1929. From the archive of the 'Warburton Family'.