This record served as an envelope around a letter, from London dated 17 November 1804, addressed to Thomas Hinckley Esquire, at the Rev. Hugh Bailyes, Hanbury, Burton upon Trent. Also recorded in a different hand, and dated 19 November 1804 is, 'Mr Lack ... receipt of Bill for 336(7?).4.6d on account of Forest Timber sold in 1803'. This record is part of a collection relating to Lord Palmerston (1784-1865), after whom Palmerston North was named. The donor of the Lord Palmerston collection, F C Holland of England (who was interested in philately and postal history) donated items relating to Lord Palmerton during the 1970s, after visiting Palmerston North.