Skip to Content

More Info →Old Post Office, The Square

This Post Office was erected in 1889 on the corner of Main Street West and The Square. In 1905, it was moved around the corner to face onto Main Street West and a new Post Office was built. This earlier post office was then used an an extension of the new building, sorting country deliveries and customs parcels, until 1989-1990 when it was moved to the Victoria Esplanade to function as the tea rooms.

Identification

Object type
Image
Digitisation ID
2014P_Po25_007516
Title
Old Post Office, The Square
Relation
Public Photograph Collection Po 25
Held In
Coolstore

Related items

Old Post Office, The Square
Old Post Office, The Square
'The Tucker Box', John F Kennedy Drive
Hopwoods Mitre 10 and Bennett's bookshop, Broadway
Palmerston North Post Office - 1888 Post and Telegraph
Manawatu Racing Club Tea Kiosk, Awapuni
Evans Family Collection: Mrs Evans at CM Ross Co. Ltd Tearooms
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Cafe Scene, George Street
Tea kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Barrett's Coffee House, The Square

Creation

Created By
Place
Palmerston North
Date
1981

Object rights

Credit Line
Palmerston North City Library

Taxonomy

Community Tags
historic places trust,

Report a problem

Related items

Old Post Office, The Square
Old Post Office, The Square
'The Tucker Box', John F Kennedy Drive
Hopwoods Mitre 10 and Bennett's bookshop, Broadway
Palmerston North Post Office - 1888 Post and Telegraph
Manawatu Racing Club Tea Kiosk, Awapuni
Evans Family Collection: Mrs Evans at CM Ross Co. Ltd Tearooms
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Tea Kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Cafe Scene, George Street
Tea kiosk, Victoria Esplanade
Barrett's Coffee House, The Square

User comments